Thursday, August 29, 2013

Half of grantmakers check applicant filing record

Half of grantmakers check applicant filing record: Only half of grantmakers check applicant charities' filing history on the Charity Commission website, and of those less than one in five will reject applications out of hand from those charities that file late.

A study of 263 funders found that 53 per cent checked the Charity Commission for the accounts of applicant charities, and of those 17 per cent would immediately reject applications from charities which had not submitted their records to the regulator on time. The remaining 83 per cent said that they would ask the charities why the accounts had been tardy.

No comments: