Friday, August 17, 2012

Philanthropy In China – It’s Important to Give Back | China Briefing News

Philanthropy In China – It’s Important to Give Back | China Briefing News: Aug. 16 – As my days in China draw to a close, one of the issues I’d like to draw to the attention of our readers is philanthropy – when successful in the country (or anywhere) I personally believe it’s important to contribute something back to the society that has provided. It’s a curious fact that some expats still seem to have a poor attitude towards China even though they are earning a living here. I always felt it a privilege to be in the country, and although it took awhile for me to get my feet on the ground and the business profitable, I wanted to put something back. The great thing about philanthropy anywhere is that it is not mandatory. The act of giving is a truly personal one, and although debates rage about how best to give, I’ve always followed a few simple rules:

No comments: